Sign in to follow this  
sweetiecat

Relationship with your cousin

since there's a topic on falling in love with your siblings, but what about relationships with your cousin?

i heard that this depends on which cousin it is that you're with, if with your dad's side cousin (if u get married) then ur kids will be 'k yeng', then what about cousins on ur mum's side? those old times (chinese) films, most the parents always wanted their daughter to marries their cousin!

do you think it is acceptable to have relationships with ur cousin? share your view..

i heard that this depends on which cousin it is that you're with

if i wanted to marry my cousin, i'd ask my doctor first.

if not wrong, married with cousin from father's side will hv a greater chances to get 'k yeng' child if compare to mother's side.

but really need to look for ur relative to fall in love??? outside still so many boyz and galz ler...

as long as he is my relatives...no way.

Considering the whole gene pool thing, its probably not a good idea.

hehe...no way 4 me...haha..coz they're like my bro...plus,there r so many guys out there...hehe,worst come 2 worst,will ask my cuzzies 2 intro their frens 2 me.haha,currently,we dun intro our frens 2 each other....

war..everyone seems like cant accept one...but for me i think its all right as long as you love each other.

the reason i started this thread is because this has happened to my sister, about 3/4years ago, she and one of my cousin have this problem, but they didnt care but my family obviously objected. then slowly, they get on really well and they did a test to see whether they 'can be together'! the test came out says its ok so my parents didnt object anymore. after few months they broke up, right after my parents agreed with them! which i think its reali a pity..after such a hard time for them. and now they get on reali well as cousins cuz he lives in our house in england here, if this for me, i'd feel so awkward!

Cant accept on my dad's side ler..but on my mum's side..aslo rarely happen this thing..if got also have to think twice.unless so love each other different story la

No matter they are close or distanced cousins, it's DEFINITELY a "no". It's like ... ewww ... you grow up with them, you see them since young, how can we develop those kind of feelings. No no no no no. I feel disgusted even though it is a distanced cousin. That's soooo not right for me. I can accept if it's other people, but definitely it is so not going to happen to me.

some of my cousins have grown up to be pretty babes. good news is that we're only related via marriage (step mom's side of family). bad news is that they're still my cousins. haha

hmm but what about if its the first time you're meetingn your cousin? eg. you're already in your 20s? or you met a person, fell for him/her and THEN realised they were your cousin??

hmm but what about if its the first time you're meetingn your cousin? eg. you're already in your 20s? or you met a person, fell for him/her and THEN realised they were your cousin??

haha this is like those old chinese movie, falling in love with sublings then found out they r related!

Haha, 'k-yeng'? Hmm, I heard that having children with a relative would result in the child having health problems ler..

So better not la..haha.. But I accept it wan..Just that it won't happen to me :P

But if two people really love each other it would be okay ge..just go for check ups b4 having a baby lo

I would even try to avoid having relationship with anyone who share the same surename with me.

I would even try to avoid having relationship with anyone who share the same surename with me.

not all cousins would share the same surname as you. :P

Haha, 'k-yeng'? Hmm, I heard that having children with a relative would result in the child having health problems ler..

So better not la..haha.. But I accept it wan..Just that it won't happen to me :P

But if two people really love each other it would be okay ge..just go for check ups b4 having a baby lo

u would accept it, but would u feel weird n disgusted by it? would u tell ur frens tht ur bf is ur cousin?

u would accept it, but would u feel weird n disgusted by it? would u tell ur frens tht ur bf is ur cousin?

I said I accept it but it won't happen to me lar..-.-""

That means if other people tell me that her bf is her cousin I can accept it.

its a NO for me...even though I got a cousin who is chinese mixed with american.....red hair..darn....and we were once runnign around in our underwear....

Nope.....its like BAD.

NO for me too, though my cousins all are quite hot.

u all know how sometimes it's easy to be attracted to someone,

my cousin(s) and I , clearly we were attracted to each other, but nah, just stayed at that level and now no more edi.

cause we're direct cousins, lol. same surname.

It happens and recently there was an article about a family in the US who the daughter married the father after the mother died. Weird huh ? A lil bit out of topic but still withing the family guidelines. They even had kids and they are normal.

I guess it all depends on the individual. Like everyone says. Love is blind.